USB Media Acquisition and Compression Module
The LT-101-USB is an HD video codec and capture module that can compress HDTV and standard resolution video in real-time without the use of the host computer’s CPU resources. The product is connected to a host system via a standard USB2.0 cable. This module is a USB only version of the LT-101-PCI and comes with an aluminum enclosure and a universal wall mount power supply.
Equipped with DVI-I, S-video, and composite connectors, this module can capture video from a multitude of analog (RGB, VGA, and component/YCbCr) and digital (DVI and HDMI) high and standard definition video sources and cameras. In addition to compression acquiring video from external sources, the LT-101-USB encoder can be configured as a compression coprocessor and be used to compress from host internal video sources such as files or DirectShow devices including USB and Firewire cameras (this only recommended for SD video due to the limited USB bandwidth).
The model LT-101-USB-SDI includes an HD-SDI and SD-SDI input.
The LT-101-USB compresses video in compliance with the VC-1 standard also referred to as WMV-HD or WMV9, which was originally developed by Microsoft, and is an SMPTE standard. This format is supported natively by most software decoders and media players and is one of the standards required by the BlueRay consortium (H.264 and MPEG-2 being the others).
- Real-time HD/SD video acquisition and compression
- Frame grabber for simultaneous uncompressed video capture
- HDTV 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 576i, 480p, 480i compatible
- Very low compression latency
- Multiple digital and analog video inputs including RGB, DVI, s-video…
- HD-SDI/SD-SDI input available
- USB 2.0 High Speed compatible
- Synchronized audio capture
- Text overlay prior to compression
- VC-1/WMV-HD video compression codec
- IP or I only encoding
- Bitrates from 64Kbit/s to 80Mbit/s
- Economical Monochrome mode, if color is not needed
- Windows, DirectShow, Silverlight, Media Services support
- Linux support
- Mac OS X support
- Multiple cards can be placed in a system for multichannel acquisition and compression
- HDTV capture and storage
- Digital video recorders
- Video Medical systems
- Endoscopy DVR
- Video surveillance systems
- Internet broadcasting
- Video over LAN
- Inspection systems
- Machine vision video recorders